Baked Mediterranean Salmon Recipe
Our continuing series of recipes and wine pairings!
It is still a little warm out there, but Fall is just around the corner. Here’s a recipe that satisfies the “in-between” seasons!
Baked Mediterranean Salmon
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 4 - (6 to 8 oz.) salmon filets (preferably wild-caught Alaskan)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup diced artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup sliced green olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- several leaves of fresh basil (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup white wine
- Pre-heat oven to 425 f.
- Season the salmon filets with little salt and pepper and place them on a prepared baking pan. Put the pan in the oven and bake until they are half-cooked, about 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the garlic and onion. When soft, add the olives, artichoke, capers and white wine. Cook for 2 minutes and add the tomatoes and chopped basil.
- Season the sauce to taste and pour it over the half-cooked salmon filets. Return them to the oven until they are fully cooked, about 10 minutes at 425 F.
Serve with your favorite side dish. Goes great with rice pilaf and roasted Asparagus!
This makes a main dish with 4 servings. How about an award-winning Sandy Road Vineyards wine to pair with this!
Our 2021 Estate Sangiovese Rosé is perfect to compliment your salmon! The savory flavors of fresh Salmon along with the Mediterranean toppings will shine with the fruitiness of our Rose’.
Come by the vineyard or click on the image to order some!
Hope to see you soon at the vineyard!