Hawaiian Coconut Chicken Recipe & Food Pairing
OUR CONTINUING SERIES OF RECIPES AND WINE PAIRINGS
Spring in Texas is here! Goodbye cold weather, hello mild temperatures. Having spent much time in Hawaii, this weather brings back some fond memories. I have acquired a few easy Hawaiian recipes to share with y’all.
HAWAIIAN COCONUT CHICKEN
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 3 cups corn flakes, crushed
- ¼ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips (chicken tenders can be substituted)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F.
- Coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Place orange juice in a bowl. Place cereal and coconut in a resealable plastic bag,
- Season with salt and pepper and crush well.
- Dredge chicken strips in orange juice and place a couple at a time into the bag to coat with coconut mixture. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 to 7 minutes per side, until chicken is cooked through.
This is the ideal dish to enjoy with the freshness of Springtime. What is the ideal wine to pair? Sandy Road Vineyards Sangiovese Rose of course! The fruitiness of this wine perfectly complements the sweetness of the coconut chicken. I hope you like it as much as I do.
Hope to see you soon at the vineyard!